We are saddened to hear of the recent bombings in the Austin area, and we understand concerns that attendees may have leading up to US Quidditch Cup 11. We are committed to ensuring that everyone is able to have a safe and enjoyable experience at nationals. In light of these recent tragic events, we want to explain some of the heightened security measures that will be in place onsite to ensure the safety of all attendees.
The safety of all of our attendees is our main priority. We are working closely with the City of Round Rock and the Round Rock Police Department on our safety and emergency plans to ensure that they are as effective as possible. Event staff are implementing a number of safety policies, including but not limited to the following:
- Enforcing a strict no weapons policy at the facility
- Conducting bag checks at each entrance to the facility
- Working with police officers onsite on public safety and law enforcement issues
- Briefing all onsite staff and volunteers on safety and emergency procedures
- Bringing additional security staff onsite where necessary
- Creating multiple open lines of communication onsite where players, officials, volunteers, and spectators can alert staff to any safety concerns or other event feedback
- Developing additional policies and procedures internally in partnership with our event partners and industry best practices
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Executive Director Sarah Woolsey at email@example.com or 704-962-5099.