Photo by Jessica Jiamin Lang Photography. The new website for US Quidditch Cup 10 is now live. Information on team registration and tickets is now available.
View the new website here!
All this information is also available here on the US Quidditch Cup 10 website.
Teams must qualify through one of the regional championships in order to be eligible to compete in the event.
Teams must complete ALL of the following five requirements to be fully registered for US Quidditch Cup 10. The steps may be completed in any order, but the first four requirements must be completed by the deadline listed for the team’s region. The fifth deadline is the season play requirement, which all teams must complete no later than Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET.
Teams will be required to provide referees during the event, as per previous USQ events. Specific requirements on the number of slots to be filled by teams’ certified referees (ex. snitch referee, assistant referee) and other positions (ex. goal judge, scorekeeper, timekeeper) will be provided to teams no later than one month before the event.
To see your team’s current registration status, please view this spreadsheet.
Note: As a reminder to all teams, the USQ Stay and Play policy applies to this event. The policy requires that in order to participate in a particular event, teams are required to book hotel rooms in one of several tournament-approved hotels through our travel planner. The only exception to this rule is for teams whose official mailing address is within 100 miles of the tournament site address, using the shortest driving distance as reported by Google Maps.
DEADLINES FOR FIRST FOUR TEAM REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Great Lakes, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest regions – Friday, January 27 at 11:59pm ET
South region – Friday, February 24 at 11:59pm ET
Southwest region – Friday, March 3 at 11:59pm ET
West region – Friday, March 10 at 11:59pm ET
Northwest region – Friday, March 17 at 11:59pm ET
Teams who fail to meet their deadline will be disqualified from the event.
The following four steps MUST be completed before your region’s deadline:
- Submit the event registration form.
- Request attendance to the event on the events calendar. Note: As with all official games, each team’s roster of up to 21 players must be submitted through the USQ website no later than 24 hours before the start of the event.
- Pay the non-refundable tournament registration fee, which is $450*. This can be done either by mailing a check or paying via PayPal. To pay by check, it should be made out to US Quidditch, Inc. and mailed to PO Box 79304 Charlotte, NC 28271. The check must be postmarked by the team’s registration deadline.
To pay via Paypal, use the form linked on this page.
* Please note that a $25 processing fee will be included if you choose to pay with PayPal. Also, a grant program for team registration fees for West and Northwest teams will be available. The specific amount is TBA and will be available in 2017.
- Register for hotel accommodations through USQ’s travel partner, Traveling Teams, as required per the stay and play policy. Teams are required to book a minimum two night stay for all players for the event. The reservation request must be submitted by the team’s registration deadline. The confirmation email the team receives upon submitting the request should be emailed to email@example.com.
The hotels offered are:
– Holiday Inn Express Orlando – Lake Buena Vista South, $159.00/night, 17.36 miles from fields
– Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration, $108.00/night, 19.94 miles from fields
– Red Lion Hotel Orlando Kissimmee Maingate, $89.00/night, 22.69 miles from fields
– Park Inn Resort & Conference Center Orlando, $119.00/night, 23.32 miles from fields
– Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, $107.00/night, 23.37 miles from fields
If you have questions about hotels, please contact Michael McGill. He is a Client Services Manager at Traveling Teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 468-3268 x884.
Please note that teams may be subject to additional deadlines for required hotel information, including rooming lists. Teams are responsible for complying with all additional hotel deadlines as communicated by Traveling Teams.
SEASON PLAY REQUIREMENT
Additionally, all teams must complete the season play requirement no later than Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET. Teams who do not complete the season play requirement will not be considered fully registered, and will be disqualified from the event.
- Complete the full season play requirements: play at least eight games against a minimum of four different official teams at three different events by Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET. Games played at regional championships do not count toward this total.
Please keep in mind that official matches must be submitted to the USQ Events Calendar no later than two weeks before the match date, so teams who still need to complete season play requirements should schedule official matches to meet these requirements, and submit the event to the calendar, as soon as possible.
Please also note that a certified tournament director must be present and organize every official match.
TEAM QUESTIONNAIRE – OPTIONAL
To help facilitate the accurate dissemination of information for marketing and the livestream, we ask that teams fill out a questionnaire, similar to what was asked of team’s last season. The questionnaire will be available in 2017. Teams are asked to fill it out by Friday, March 17, 2017. Filling out the questionnaire is optional. However, it will greatly increase the quality of coverage for teams by the media and on the USQ livestream.
- Early Bird One Day Kid Pass: $8.00
- Early Bird Weekend Kid Pass: $12.00
- Early Bird Adult One Day Pass: $15.00
- Early Bird Adult Weekend Pass: $20.00
- Early Bird VIP Weekend Pass: $99.00
From December 25, 2016-April 2, 2017, ticket prices are:
- Pre-Sale One Day Kid Pass: $10.00
- Pre-Sale Weekend Kid Pass: $14.00
- Pre-Sale Adult One Day Pass: $19.00
- Pre-Sale Adult Weekend Pass: $25.00
- Pre-Sale VIP Weekend Pass: $115.00
From April 3, 2017 onward, ticket prices are:
- General Admission One Day Kid Pass: $12.00
- General Admission Weekend Kid Pass: $16.00
- General Admission Adult One Day Pass: $20.00
- General Admission Adult Weekend Pass: $30.00
- General Admission VIP Weekend Pass: $155.00
The sign-up form will be available in mid-December. Contact email@example.com and we’ll email you when the form is up. In the meantime, check out what volunteer positions we’re looking for here.
For any questions about US Quidditch Cup 10, please contact Events Director Mary Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org.