Team Referee Crews
Season Play Requirement
Additional Team Staff
Discounted Theme Park Tickets
Address of Austin-Tindall Regional Park
Book and Board Game Drive
Why We Play Documentary
Teams must qualify through one of the regional championships in order to be eligible to compete in the event.
Teams must complete ALL of the following six requirements to be fully registered for US Quidditch Cup 10. The steps may be completed in any order, but the first four requirements must be completed by the deadline listed for the team’s region. The fifth and sixth deadlines are the team referee crew form and the season play requirement, which all teams must complete no later than Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET.
To see your team’s current registration status, please view this spreadsheet.
Note: As a reminder to all teams, the USQ Stay and Play policy applies to this event. The policy requires that in order to participate in a particular event, teams are required to book hotel rooms in one of several tournament-approved hotels through our travel planner. The only exception to this rule is for teams whose official mailing address is within 100 miles of the tournament site address, using the shortest driving distance as reported by Google Maps.
Deadlines for First Four Team Registration Requirements
Great Lakes, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions – Friday, January 27 at 11:59pm ET
South region – Friday, February 24 at 11:59pm ET
Southwest region – Friday, March 3 at 11:59pm ET
West region – Friday, March 10 at 11:59pm ET
Northwest region – Friday, March 17 at 11:59pm ET
Teams who fail to meet their deadline will be disqualified from the event.
The following four steps MUST be completed before your region’s deadline:
1. Submit the event registration form.
2. Request attendance to the event on the events calendar. Note: As with all official games, each team’s roster of up to 21 players must be submitted through the USQ website no later than 24 hours before the start of the event.
3. Pay the non-refundable tournament registration fee, which is $450*. This can be done either by mailing a check or paying via PayPal.
To pay by check, it should be made out to US Quidditch, Inc. and mailed to PO Box 79304 Charlotte, NC 28271. The check must be postmarked by the team’s registration deadline.
To pay via Paypal, use the form below.
*Please note that a $25 processing fee will be included if you choose to pay with PayPal. Teams who qualify at West and Northwest Regional Championship are eligible to apply for a grant program that will cover the full amount of the registration fee. Details on how to apply are below.
4. Register for hotel accommodations through USQ’s travel partner, Traveling Teams, as required per the stay and play policy. Teams are required to book a minimum two night stay for all players for the event. The reservation request must be submitted by the team’s registration deadline. The confirmation email the team receives upon submitting the request should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hotels offered are:
– Holiday Inn Express Orlando – Lake Buena Vista South, $159.00/night, 17.36 miles from fields
– Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration, $108.00/night, 19.94 miles from fields
– Red Lion Hotel Orlando Kissimmee Maingate, $89.00/night, 22.69 miles from fields
– Park Inn Resort & Conference Center Orlando, $119.00/night, 23.32 miles from fields
– Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, $107.00/night, 23.37 miles from fields
– Champions World Resort, $75-$89/night, 26.32 miles from fields
If you have questions about hotels, please contact Michael McGill. He is a Client Services Manager at Traveling Teams. He can be reached at email@example.com or (866) 468-3268 x884.
Please note that teams may be subject to additional deadlines for required hotel information, including rooming lists. Teams are responsible for complying with all additional hotel deadlines as communicated by Traveling Teams.
Tournament Registration Fee Grant Program
As announced at the start of this season, US Quidditch has been developing a new grant program for teams from the West and Northwest regions who qualify for US Quidditch Cup 10. The goal of the grant program is to provide additional support to teams who have earned a bid to our national championship, aimed specifically at those have experienced higher travel costs than others regions for this event. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $450 per team, which is the full amount of the tournament registration fee. There are 11 total grants available, one for each bid available from the West and Northwest Regional Championships. Teams who receive a grant will have their registration fee waived for this tournament.
Similar to other USQ grant programs, eligible teams must submit an application. Applications must include an essay with a demonstration of the team’s need, along with a list of tournaments they have competed at this season. The grant program will open after the regional championship for the West and Northwest, and teams will have one week to submit their applications.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Teams from the West and Northwest regions who qualify for US Quidditch Cup 10 are eligible to apply.
For West teams, the grant program is open to applications starting on Sunday, February 26, 2017. Applications are due on Sunday, March 5, 2017.
For Northwest teams, the grant program is open to applications starting on Sunday, March 5, 2017. Applications are due Sunday, March 12, 2017.
HOW ARE APPLICATIONS EVALUATED?
Complete applications will be evaluated by USQ employees.
West teams will be notified on the status of their grant application on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
Northwest teams will be notified on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
Send the following as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading: [US Quidditch Cup 10 Grant] – TeamName. “TeamName” should be replaced with the name of your team.
- One essay of no more than 500 words demonstrating the team’s need.*
- A list of tournaments the team has competed in this season, including those they are planning on attending between their regional championship and US Quidditch Cup 10.
*The essay in whole or in parts may be used for future promotion of USQ and/or the USQ grants program. Any quotes used will be attributed to the team.
Team Referee Crews
All teams will be required to fill out the referee crew form by Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 11:59pm. Teams are being asked to provide a crew of certified officials consisting of one lead assistant referee, two assistant referees, and one snitch referee. Please note that all members of a crew must be certified for the position they are put down for. They should be certified by the time the team submits the form. Teams may submit more than one referee crew.
Staff will make all efforts to keep the individuals in each crew together. However, crews may need to be separated for various reasons, such in the case of conflict of interest. We recommend that teams check the volunteer schedule closely when it is released the week of March 27 to double check team referee crew assignments.
Season Play Requirement
Additionally, all teams must complete the season play requirement no later than Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET. Teams who do not complete the season play requirement will not be considered fully registered, and will be disqualified from the event.
1. Complete the full season play requirements: play at least eight games against a minimum of four different official teams at three different events by Sunday, March 26 at 11:59pm ET. Games played at regional championships do not count toward this total.
Please keep in mind that official matches must be submitted to the USQ Events Calendar no later than two weeks before the match date, so teams who still need to complete season play requirements should schedule official matches to meet these requirements, and submit the event to the calendar, as soon as possible.
Please also note that a certified tournament director must be present and organize every official match.
Livestream Questionnaire – Optional
As announced on March 10, we will be running a fully produced livestream on two fields, working in conjunction with the Student Life Film Crew from the University of Missouri. To help facilitate the accurate dissemination of information for the livestream, as well as other marketing efforts, we ask that teams fill out a questionnaire, similar to what was asked of team’s last season.
lease use the template here. Email the questionnaire to email@example.com with the subject line [USQC10 Livestream] TeamName, replacing TeamName with the name of your team. We ask that teams submit their questionnaires by Friday, March 17, 2017. Prior to the tournament, the information will only be made available to lead commentator Brad Woznicki.
Additional Team Staff
Like last season, teams may bring up two (2) non-playing individuals who will receive free admission to the event and access to the teams villages. These individuals will also be permitted to be in the player bench area when their team competes. Email addresses for each of these individuals is required. USQ will send each of them a complimentary ticket through Eventbrite.
Teams must fill out the form here by Friday, March 31 at 11:59pm ET.
If you have any questions or need to make any changes to what was submitted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like last season, USQ is facilitating teams renting tents for placement in the teams’ village. A 10×10 tent with sidewalls is $125. Please fill out the Paypal form below to reserve your tent. USQ staff will take care of setting up and taking down the tent for you. If you prefer to pay by check and/or would like a bigger size than 10×10, please email us at email@example.com.
The order period for team rental tents has ended.
Discounted Theme Park Tickets
Our partners at Experience Kissimmee have secured exclusive ticket discounts to some of Orlando’s favorite attractions. Please note that DisneyWorld does not discount park hopper tickets. Book discounted tickets here!
Merch pre-orders have closed. Players may pick up their shirt, broom, and/or flag from the USQ merchandise tent at the Fan Festival on April 8 and 9. Pick-up instructions will be sent by Friday, April 7.
The FAQ with general information about the event is available here.
Austin-Tindall Regional Park
4100 Boggy Creek Road
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Parking is $5/car per day. If your team is arriving on site in a large bus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can let the facility know.
We have arranged a 5% discount from the lowest online rates for Alamo, National, and Enterprise Rent a Car. The promotional account number is XZ07W41 and you can access the discount here online.
The nearest airport to the fields is Orlando International Airport (MCO).
Please note that Central Florida has toll roads. Visit the Central Florida Expressway Authority website to plan ahead.
- All motor vehicles shall remain on designated roadways and parking areas.
- Pets are strictly forbidden in the complex.
- Minors are to be supervised at all times and are not to be left alone at the complex without supervision.
- Glass containers of any kind are strictly forbidden in the complex.
- Soccer goals and nets are to be used only for their designated purpose. Do not climb or swing on goals and nets.
- Players are allowed to bring in their own food and beverage. Grills and any kind of portable cooking equipment is not allowed.
- No foul language.
- Drones and any other flying objects are strictly forbidden on the property.
- No person under the age of 21 may possess or consume any alcoholic beverages. It is unlawful for a person who purchases alcohol while on licensed premises to give the alcoholic liquors to a person to whom it cannot lawfully be sold on the premises.
- Players, volunteers, and officials may not bring in alcohol or remove it from the event venue. Players, volunteers, and officials may only consume alcohol during the event that has been purchased on-site through the official alcohol vendor. All alcohol must remain within the confines of the facility.
- No person shall sell, give, or otherwise make available any alcoholic beverage to a person who is visibly intoxicated.
- Any person who is visibly intoxicated is subject to ejection from the event.
- Intoxication by any player, official, or volunteer, regardless of age, whether in public or private, is prohibited, and subjects that person to the USQ disciplinary policy. Symptoms of intoxication may include, but are not limited to, slurred speech, impaired motor coordination, vomiting, loss of consciousness, or loss of good judgment.
- Per USQ policy, no person shall permit, tolerate, encourage or participate in any “drinking games”. This includes, but is not limited to, a contest, game, event, or other endeavor which encourages or promotes the consumption of alcoholic beverages by participants at extraordinary speed or in increased quantities, or in more potent form.
- Players are strongly discouraged from consuming any alcohol while their team is still playing in the tournament. A player who is visibly under the influence of alcohol immediately before a game or during a match is subject to suspension from that game and additional action may be taken.
- Officials (including all referees, snitches, scorekeepers, timekeepers, and others affiliated with any match in an official capacity) may not consume any alcohol during their shift and are forbidden from consuming any alcohol until they have completed all game assignments for the day.
- General volunteers may not consume any alcohol during their shift, and are discouraged from consuming any alcohol until they have completed all volunteer shifts for the day.
Why We Play Documentary
USQ is producing a documentary entitled Why We Play. It will focus on the unique nature of quidditch, the sport’s development over time, and the devotion of its player-base. USQ is openly inviting members of the community to share their stories regarding quidditch. Interview stations will be available on April 8 and 9 for players to have the option of being interviewed regarding their quidditch experiences.
Any individuals who wish to volunteer to assist with the documentary are invited to submit the form below, as we are looking for individuals with experience in journalism and film to join the production team. Please fill out the link here if you are interested in taking part.
Book and Board Game Drive
We are once again helping the Harry Potter Alliance with Accio Books, their annual book drive. This year, The HP Alliance’s official partner is Words Alive, an organization of advocates for reading in San Diego, CA. They are asking for (new, not used) children’s and young adult books. Players may drop off books at HPA’s booth at the Fan Festival.
Transfiguring Adoption is doing a card and board game drive, as well. Please consider donating a NEW board or card game to their organization, where it will be used to help promote fun and bonding in the foster care community. Learn more here. Players may drop off card and board games at Transfiguring Adoption’s booth at the Fan Festival.